Saturday, September 7, 2013

Glass and Paper and Pebbles

My heart is a rock
It's hard and cold
It feels nothing,
Locked in a cage
It's alone.
I'm alone

My heart is made of glass
It is no longer smooth and clear
It is chipped and clouded
and dirty.
It dangles above a cliff
By a single thread.
If I fall, I break.
If I break,
I can never come back

My heart is paper.
It is folded and scribbled on
and tucked out of sight.
Its torn and my tape can't
Hold it toghter anymore
If it gets touched
one more time
It might crumble and slip away
I might crumble
and slip away

I'm a stone, a pebble
I am nothing,
I sit and wait
for what I don't know
but nothing happens;
I'm not pretty or shiny
I'm just plain
Then, for one ridiculously
Glorious moment
I get stuck in a shoe
Stuck in someone elses life
For a moment, I am happy
finally, somthing is happening
To me
and then they find me,
pick me out,
Throw me away
And I'm alone and scared
And everything is different
When I finally grow comfortable
and feel whole again
Someone thinks I'm dirt
and they sweep me out again,
a shoe kicks me away.

But then a handpicks me up.
Finally, I feel wanted
Loved!
And I'm flying free,
Through the air,
...but it wasn't meant to be
because now I've fallen
and the water surrounds me
I'm drowning
I'm drowining, and there is
No one there to save me

No comments:

Post a Comment