Up until now, this blog has been primarily random thoughts and poetry from my brain. I have decided to start a few projects, the first of which is HOW TO COLLEGE. Now, I know I'm no expert on anything, least of all college, but I have my own opinions on things. And this is a place I decided was good enough to put those opinions, along with a few ideas, out there. So here goes.
Lesson 1: Schedules.
My first few weeks were breezy. It seemed like everything was going to be great, I was going to have lots of time to talk to people and hang out and have fun. And I'm not saying I don't, but It's not exactly how I imagined it. First of all, once the homework started rolling in, I had less and less time to do what I wanted. I would spend tons of time on the internet until I absolutely had to study, and then crammed. I didn't learn everything I needed to. It was hard and stressful and I wanted to cry.
Then I came up with a plan: Make a schedule. I wrote out everything on a piece of paper, giving me a visual representation of my daily life: when I have class, when I need to study, when I get free time, etc. I posted it in a place I could easily see. I took an extra small notebook and started writing up daily TO DO lists for myself, including things from homework assignments to Go Shopping! and calling my mom.
Now, I realize this plan is not for everyone. Not everyone is as visual as I am and needs the written out schedule or list. Some people get stressed out by lists. That's ok. The point is, find a way to stay organized so that free time doesn't get in the way of studying, and studying doesn't get in the way of free time (because both are important).
Thanks for reading! Let me know your opinion on the subject, and look for more!
No comments:
Post a Comment