Lesson 2: Too much stuff, not enough time
Even if you get your
schedule worked out to a T and stick to it, there will always be
something you want to do and can't. This is part of life, and the sooner
you accept it, the sooner you can stop being sad and get on with having
fun. I speak to myself as much as the next person here, because I still
have trouble with this. I probably always will. Like I said, it's part
of life. It will likely happen until the day I die, or at least retire
and can say "screw this" and go do whatever the hell I want.
Anyway, back to the point. There are so many fun opportunities on a college campus. Clubs and activities to get involved in, friends to go out with, personal pleasures (netflix anyone?) to enjoy. And as much as those things are wonderful and encouraged and necessary for a healthy mental and social life, too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
I know it sucks, but you have to learn to compromize. At least one hour of studying for one hour of free time, whether that be with friends or on the internet. Studying is important. After all, you did choose to be in college, and school work goes along with that.
This post is kind of short, but I'm swamped with essays and readins for my classes, and as this is technically a free time thing, I'd best get back since I spent most of my time already on tumblr and facebook.
Don't forget to comment! Hopefully there will be more post's up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment