Some days, i just get really excited for the future. I know I should just live in this moment, enjoy the now (and I try to, for the most part), but some days, I get really exited for the years ahead.
I get excited to see my sister, my best friends, fall in love and get married.
I get excited to plan weddings with them, the plan parties and bridal/baby showers with them. To stay up late with glasses of wine (or cups of tea) to talk about their boyfriends' and fiances' and pick out wedding dresses and reception music. I get excited just thinking about which of my friends is going to get married first, and about getting to know their husband-to-be.
I get excited thinking about the kids they will have, and getting to see those precious little faces for the first time. I get really excited about my sister's children-to-be, the nieces and nephews I will get to love for the rest of my life. I can't wait to hold them for the first time, look at their tiny faces and know that their parents will love them so much and raise them so well.
I get excited for my best friend and her life. What she will decide to do, where she will go and what that will mean for her. The wonderful man she will marry, the kids they will have, the places they will go. Those kids will be cultured and intelligent and well read. I can't wait to meet them, to give them hugs as their honorary "Aunt" Rissa (or "Aunt Ruth", if you prefer :P)
Some days, i look at wedding boards on pintrest and just start to get really excited for life. I see little kids and "mom" blogs, and just can't wait to try things with my kids, to teach them, to read books with them and play with them and know and love their daddy. I can't wait to watch them discover the world.
What's the opposite of nostalgia? because that is what I'm feeling today.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know it will be an adventure. Eery day is a new adventure, and today, I'm so excited for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment