It's cold outside.
Not just, "oh, it's starting to get colder and feel a little less like fall and more like winter but it's still fairly nice (or at least decent) out" cold. Nuh-uh. Cold, cold. 18 degrees with a -1 degree wind chill cold.
In short, much too cold for the 17th of November.
So, instead of going to the gym today (because, let's face it, even walking 2 minutes in this weather is just not happening right now), I'm sitting in my room watching flurries swirl in the sky and drinking tea. I know. I'm a wimp. But it's so cold.
I think part of the reason I'm having such an issues with this is that it came too fast. I'm ok with this type of weather. I grew up in Iowa. It gets cold there every winter. Negative wind chill is no big.
Negative wind chill before Thanksgiving, however, is very big. This is February weather. The type of cold you expect when winter's been going on and you've acclimated (slightly) to the feel of frosty air on your cheeks and biting wind sneaking into your coat. But no. Chicago decided to drop this lovely chilly weather bomb on us with little warning, leaving us scrambling for extra layers and digging for hats and scarves.
The snow from a few nights ago didn't even stick around (pun intended). How rude is that?
If it's this cold, there might as well be snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment