Tonight is filled with a lack of motivation running so deep I'm struggling to write this post.
It took me 5 minutes to finish that sentence. In those five minutes, I stared at the screen, stared at the keyboard, tried to post something on instagram, didn't complete posting it on instagram, and stared at the screen a little more before finishing the sentence.
The next paragraph explaining it all went through a similar process of procrastination.
So, I take a moment. I feel a little bit like crying, but instead, I plug in some Tenth Avenue North, and read a blog post by a new friend that I am quickly starting to look up to as a believer and a writer, and eat a piece of dark chocolate. I consider going to make some tea, but even going down to the kitchen area in my dorm is too much right now.
I should be writing my paper on Proverbs for my Bible class, or reading ahead for Brit. Lit. or Media, or even working on the Novel I've promised to write this month. (the novel, that, consequently, I've changed the subject of at least 5 times, and back again. I currently have a word count of 0, since I can't make up my mind. I need to have a word count of 8,335 right now to be on track.)
I can't even focus on "surfing the net", as they say. I just got distracted by the ends of my hair for almost half a song. (admittedly, they do need to be cut, but that's beside the point. I'm trying to blog, and I get distracted by hair. Come on Rissa, get it together.)
I don't know what's a better course of action on nights like this: Force myself through stuff with crappy results, or give myself a break that might ultimately add to my stress later, but put my mind at ease right now.
I'm procrastinating. I'm distracted even from that procrastination. How is this real? I'm procrastinating my procrastinating.
Whoops, just got distracted by my hair again. And I was doing so well.
I don't really know how to end this post. So, I guess I'm gonna leave it at that, seeing as I have no motivation to come up with something profound or witty.
(See what I did there?)
No comments:
Post a Comment