I want you on the bus next to me
riding home in the sunset
laughing
full of leftover adrenaline
and Gatorade
Those were the moments
I felt whole.
I want home.
I want the moment you saw us
after we arrived in Spain
running up
to give out hugs and smiles
and happiness
Those were the moments
I felt loved.
I want home.
Lying on the floor watching TV
Vacation in Australia, summer
in January
Surrounded by friends
and donuts
Those were the moments
I belonged
I want home.
Because home is no longer a place
but rather a feeling I get
when I'm safely surrounded
by people I love.
When time has no meaning
Tomorrow can wait.
Now is the only thing that matters.
I want home
I want the moment I meet you
or the moment I know
That You
are the only thing
I'll ever need
I'll only have to look at you
to be there.
I want home.
~C.R. Sutton
No comments:
Post a Comment